A few years ago, grey hair color was admitted one of the trendiest colors among men and women of different ages. So, don’t rush to add new shades into your hairstyle only to cover the first signs of grey hair.
Grey hair color can be quite a flattering one even if you are over 40. It doesn’t matter how long or short your haircut is, you can always rock that grey perfectly. How?
Let’s have a look.
Trendy Hairstyles for Grey Hair Over 40
If you’re not sure a grey haircut can make you look young and stylish, you should read the recommendations below. Probably, you’ll change your mind completely. Grey locks and stunning silver shade make your look more elegant and chic. So, definitely pay your attention to the following hairstyles and pick the best one for yourself.
- Pixie. A pixie haircut is a huge trend right now, especially among those who prefer silver and grey tones in their hair. A short pixie haircut is easy to maintain and style. Even with grey tones, a pixie haircut makes you look 5-6 years younger. Take a few minutes and check how cool it looks on such celebrities as Jamie Lee Curtis, Glenn Close, and Dame Judi Dench.
- Bob. It is quite a universal haircut, which perfectly goes with any color and shade, including silver and grey. Just look how stylish a bob haircut looks both on Helen Mirren and Kelly Osbourne. Especially good a bob haircut goes with a multi tone grey shade.
- Layered haircut with curly ends. It seems like layered haircuts have always been popular. Do you know that this one perfectly goes with grey shades too? A layered grey hairstyle is one of those, which are very easy to style. Just blow dry your hair as usual and curl the ends. Voila! You have a chic and elegant look. Check how stunning those celebrities like Emmylou Harris and Ellie Goulding are with their grey layered haircuts. This style and color suits both younger and older women.
- Light and wavy asymmetrical hairstyles. Asymmetric hairstyles have been among the trendiest ones already for a while. Especially cool they look in a silver tone. So, don’t be afraid to experiment. Try a shorter asymmetric bob with slight, flowy accents. Many celebrities rock this style this season. For inspiration, look at the photographs of Carmen Dell’orefice, Kelly Osbourne, and Pink. Pink is almost 40, but she knows how to wear those grey and silver short haircuts absolutely perfect.
- Messy grey curls. If you have curly hair and you’re over 40, don’t be afraid of grey shades as well. With curly hair, it looks bouncy and romantic. Just look at Roseanne Barr and her beautiful grey curly hair.
Hopefully, you’ve understood that a grey color is not so complicated and oldish as many people consider it to be.